Purchasing and Updating
Statistical Software Packages
The purpose of this page is to make users aware of the latest versions and
updates to statistical software that is commonly used at UCLA. A short
list of free statistical software is provided at the end of this page. For
the latest updates for those programs, please visit the link provided.
You can see which computer labs on campus at UCLA have which
software packages installed by visiting
This page was last updated on March 13, 2013. While we try to keep
this page current, if you are aware of an update to a statistical package listed
on this page, please email us at
- The current version is Amos 21.
- For more information regarding Amos, please see
- Amos is an SPSS product; however, it is included with the SPSS
license that can be purchased from
- Amos 21 is included in the SPSS Grad Pack (along with SPSS 21) that
students can purchase from the computer store (in the bookstore in Ackerman Union).
- The license for the Grad Pack is good for 4 years.
- The current version is EQS 6.1.
- EQS can be purchased directly from Multivariate
- Mac and UNIX versions are available.
- The current version is JMP 10 for Windows. For Mac, the latest
version is JMP 7.
- Annual licenses for JMP can be purchased from
Software Central . These licenses are good from April 15,
2012 to April 14, 2013.
- Lisrel 8.8
- Sample Power
- SPSS 21
- The current version is SPSS 21.
- Annual licenses for SPSS can be purchased from
Software Central . These licenses are good from July 1,
2012 to June 30, 2013.
- UCLA has licenses for SPSS Base, Advanced Models
and Regression Model. Other modules for which UCLA does not have a
license (such as Complex Samples, Conjoint Analysis, Categories, Trends,
Tables, Maps, Exact Tests, Missing Values Analysis, Classification Trees
and Data Validation) can be purchased directly from SPSS. Again, you
would purchase an annual license.
- SPSS 21 is available for the Mac.
- The documentation for SPSS installs with the
software and can be accessed by clicking on Help -> Command Syntax
- Resources to
help you learn and use SPSS from the ATS Statistical Consulting Group.
- For more information on installing, customizing and updating SPSS,
please see http://www.ats.ucla.edu/stat/spss/icu/default.htm .
- SPSS Grad Pack
- This includes SPSS 21 (Base, Regression and Advanced
Models) and Amos 21. It is available for purchase from the computer
store (in the bookstore at Ackerman Union).
- The license is good for 4 years.
- SPSS will support only questions regarding the
installation of the software. You can get patches, but you will not
receive updates to the software. For example, you can get the patches so
that you are running SPSS version 21.0.x, but you will not get SPSS version
22 when it becomes available (unless you buy another Grad Pack).
- Stata IC / Stata SE / Stata MP
- StatTransfer can be purchased from Stata at
www.stata.com . Please note that StatTransfer and Stata are
two different programs and must be purchased separately.
- StatTransfer can also be purchased from Circle Systems at
- The current version is StatTransfer 11. Click on
the "About" tab at the top and select "Now" from the pull-down menu to
update the program.
- The current version of StatTransfer (version 11) is available
for the Mac.
- Resources to
help you learn and use StatTransfer from the Statistical Consulting
- The current version is SUDAAN 11.
- The patch to upgrade to from SUDAAN 10.0 to 10.0.1 can be downloaded
at http://www.rti.org/sudaan/page.cfm/SUDAAN_10#7 .
- For more information on SUDAAN, please see
- Annual licenses for SUDAAN (both SAS-callable and stand alone) can be
purchased from Software Central . These licenses are good
from January 1, 2013 to December 31, 2014.
- UCLA has licenses for both the Windows and UNIX versions of
- The documentation in .pdf format (including the
SUDAAN Language Manual and the SUDAAN Examples Manual) install with
the program and can be found in the Manual folder in the SUDAAN
directory on your computer. If you used the default installation
settings, the manuals will be in c:\program files\sudaan\manual .
to help you learn and use SUDAAN from the Statistical Consulting Group.
Free Software Downloads
For another list of free software, including a review of some of the software
packages, please visit http://gsociology.icaap.org/methods/soft.html .
The content of this web site should not be construed as an endorsement
of any particular web site, book, or software product by the
University of California.