How can I view built-in templates for proc greplay?
Proc greplay is used for displaying multiple plots on the same page.
It allows you to put different numbers of plots in different layouts on the same
page. There are
built-in templates that you can use, or you can make your own template.
The following will show you how you can see the various templates provided by
SAS for placing multiple graphs on a single page. You can follow the steps
shown below to see all the built-in templates and preview a particular template
- Proc greplay is an interactive procedure. Once the program above is
submitted, you will see a display window as shown below. Enter the catalog
name for the templates corresponding to the TC entry. All the SAS built-in
templates for proc greplay are located in the directory called
catalog is called templt. Thus, we entered SASHELP.TEMPLT here.
- Once the template catalog is entered correctly, we can view the index of
the catalog by clicking on Tools and then choosing Template Catalog.
- Now we will see the following window with all the names for the templates
and their descriptions.
- If you want to preview a particular template, you can do by
choosing Browse Template/Color Map... from the Edit menu.
- Now a small window will pop up request a template name to be entered. For
example, let's type in sixteen for the template named SIXTEEN with a
description as new template. The following window with all the coordinates
will be displayed. This is not exactly useful. A real plot showing the layout
will be much better.
- The last step is to choose Preview Template List from the
Tools menu. You may have to scroll down to the end to see the following
- Remember that proc greplay is an interactive procedure. Therefore,
you have to close all of the greplay-related windows to return to the
regular SAS editor window and run other programs.
The content of this web site should not be construed as an endorsement
of any particular web site, book, or software product by the
University of California.